Reply to comment
- Puzzle No. 5 - complex multiplication
Here is this issue's puzzle.
- Solution to Puzzle No. 4 - three doors
The following people submitted correct answers:
- Anon, Cambridge, England.
- Fabrizio Fantini, Italy.
- Riccardo Fracchia, Oldham, England.
- John Kim, New York, USA.
- Nigel Mudd, Leeds, England.
- Steve Rowlands, Portsmouth, England.
- Chris Salt, U.K.
- Chris Stott, Sheffield, England.
- Andrew Williams, Sussex, England.
- Yet more taxis!
- Yet another variation on "The taxi problem" from Issue No 2. Thanks to Steve Kallenborn, see this issue's Letters page.
- Three-digit numbers
- This puzzle was posed at The Mathematical Association's 1998 Annual Conference. You can read a "Delegate's diary" elsewhere in this issue.