Reply to comment
Today the Nobel Prize award ceremonies will be held in Sweden! And while there may not be a Nobel Prize for maths, most of the science laureates' achievements would be impossible without it. Find out why with our stories on some of this and past years' Nobel Prizes:
- 2010: And the Nobel Prize in Mathematics goes to...
- 2009: Leaving the markets
- 2008: Born from broken symmetry
- 2007: Nobel Prizes won by mathematicians
- 2006: Winning background research
- 2005: Game theory wins Nobel Prize
- 2002: Nobel mathematics
Maths has its very own important prize of course, called the Fields Medal. This year Plus was proud to be present at the International Congress of Mathmaticians in India, where the medals were awarded. Find out all about what we got up to with our news coverage from the congress, including interviews with some of the medallists in our podcasts.