Reply to comment
While the athletes are flexing their muscles, why not train your brain with these two Olympic puzzles? There'll be another two tomorrow.
Given the following clues, can you work out the number of gold, silver and bronze medals that France, Italy and Japan got?
- Japan has 1 more gold medal, but 3 fewer silver medals, than Italy.
- France has the most bronze medals (18), but fewest gold medals (7).
- Each country has at least 6 medals of each type.
- Italy has 27 medals in total.
- Italy has 2 more bronze medals than gold medals.
- The three countries have 38 bronze medals in total.
- France has twice as many silver medals as Italy has gold medals.
Three teams A, B and C have each played two matches.
Three points are given for a win and one point to each team for a draw.
The table below gives the total number of points and goals scored for and against each team.
Fill in the table and find the scores in each match.
|Teams||Games Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Goals For||Goals Against||Points|