Reply to comment
- Puzzle No. 3 - birth dates
Here is this issue's puzzle.
- Solution to Puzzle No. 2 - carnivorous beetles
The following people submitted correct answers:
- Jon McLoone, Wolfram Research Europe Ltd
- Roger Stratford, Cambridge, England.
- Rectangle/Triangle problem
Following on from this issue's article "The life and numbers of Fibonacci", the solution to this problem is the golden section but why?
- Optimal stopping
Following on from this issue's article "Mathematics, marriage and finding somewhere to eat", this page on the optimal stopping problem takes you through the derivation of the "37% rule" step-by-step.