As you probably know by know if you're a regular Plus reader, this year marks the 300th anniversary of Leonhard Euler's birth.
In our fourth Plus podcast we meet Professor Chris Budd to look at Euler's most famous bits of work and also investigate Celtic and African maths, how maths saves lives, and the maths of Christmas.
The following Plus articles give some background to the topics that come up in this podcast:
- Read Euler, read Euler, he is the master of us all;
- Frugal nature: Euler and the calculus of variations;
- Euler's polyhedron formula;
- 101 uses of a quadratic equation: Part I and Part II;
- Crime fighting maths;
- A whirlpool of numbers (on the zeta function).
posted by Plus @ 10:41 AM