Get ready for the Games: Olympic logic II
Yesterday we brought you two Olympic brainteasers. Here are another two. Enjoy!
Alice, Becky, Charlotte, Daphne, Elsie and Fran decide to compete in a fencing tournament. Each competitor has to fence against every other competitor. A match results in either a win or a loss.
- No competitor lost all their matches, but one person won all their matches.
- Daphne won her match against Becky.
- Alice and Elsie won the same, odd, number of matches, but Alice lost to Elsie.
- Becky and Fran won a total of seven matches
- Charlotte won only one match, against the only other person who also won only one match.
Can you deduce what all of the results were?
In a hockey competition, four teams were to play each other once. 2 points were awarded for a win, and 1 point for a draw.
After some of the matches were played, most of the information in the results table was accidentally deleted.
Can you work out the score in each match played?