- Puzzle No. 4 - Three doors
Here is this issue's puzzle.
- Solution to Puzzle No. 3 - birth dates
The following people submitted correct answers:
- Leigh Dyment, Summerside, PE, Canada.
- Arthur Stratford, Cambridge, England.
- Surya, Memphis, TN, USA.
- Andrew Williams, Sussex, England.
- The taxi problem revisited
Following on from this issue's article "Image analysis - a modern application of mathematics", we revisit the taxi problem from issue no. 2 (see "The taxi problem").
- The coin tossing problem
Following on from this issue's article "What a coincidence!", this page on coin tossing takes you through the calculation of the length of longest run of heads in n coin tosses.