Image created by FAVIO.
What is infinity? Does it even exist? How many infinities are there? The following Plus articles will introduce you to the mind-bending concept of infinity, both from a mathematical and a physical view point. If you are new to infinity, then start with our introductory article
To go a little further see the following articles exploring
- Infinities that can be counted
- Uncountable infinities and why they are bigger than countable ones
- Weird things that happen with infinite sums
- Whether infinity even exists, both in maths and in physics.
If you want to dig deeper, then see these slightly more challenging articles exploring
- Cantor's tower of infinities and a question that still hasn't been solved: is there an infinity in between that of the natural numbers and that of the continuum?
- The conundrums Cantor's tower of infinities poses for the foundations of mathematics.
To see all the content on Plus that is relevant to the concept of infinity see here.